Friday, January 6, 2012

Natural Resources Salon = 5 STARS

Today was my first visit to Natural Resources Salon (Houston, TX) as a client. I’ve been a fan of their work for years now, referring customers and even hosting events at the salon, but I’ve never been a client. I decided a few weeks ago that I would bring in the new year with a protective style. I need a break from my nightly ritual of two strand twisting and my hair could use a break from ME as well!

I went for a new client consultation at Natural Resources in late December (+1star: No one makes time for consultations anymore, you go in blindly and see what happens). Upon arrival I was promptly greeted and offered a beverage (+1star: Customer service doesn't exist anymore...except at Chic-fil-A, my Credit Union and now at Natural Resources Salon). While I waited for my appointment with Tamika Fletcher (salon co-owner) I was given a few natural hair books to browse. Tamika came out shortly and we began discussing my hair, what I was looking for and some styling options. After our consultation I decided to go with kinky twists, adding extensions and using the Mecca synthetic hair. I was assigned a stylist for my appointment and asked to make a deposit, which would be applied to my final bill.


Fast-forward two weeks to January 5, 2012, the day of my appointment to install the kinky twists. I was super excited to see how they would turn out! When I arrived at the salon, my stylist Hannah, who just happened to be at the front desk, greeted me. She immediately walked me back to her station and began preparing my hair for shampooing. (+1star: No Wait) After shampooing she blew my hair out in preparation for a trim. She quickly discovered that this trim was going to be more of a CUT because I had so many different lengths throughout my head. I explained that I had recently trimmed my own ends, which may have added to the problem. (Side bar – don’t trim your own hair unless you are trained…otherwise leave it to the professionals!)

Tamika, who is very interactive with her clients and her team, took on the task of “trimming” my ragged, uneven ends. She tried her best to even out and shape my crown without me losing too much length (+1star: They are NOT scissor happy!). I assured Tamika that I was okay with losing some length. I prefer short healthy hair than long unhealthy hair. She graciously obliged my request. Here’s the result…




After the trim, Hannah began installing the kinky twists. She spent her entire day with me (Thanks Hannah! She's so sweet!). During my time at the salon I enjoyed talking with the stylists (real characters...LOVE them), jamming to the neo-soul music playing softly in the background, sleeping off and on and seeing all the natural men, women and children coming in for appointments. (+1star: The atmosphere is very relaxing). I also saw the creation of several different styles, a couple of which I plan to try in the future :-)

Overall I was very pleased with my experience at Natural Resources and my final look! Tamika is great with her customers and her team of stylists. She was very involved, offering suggestions to her team on ways they can tweak their technique to receive a better outcome. Ready for the final look, drum roll please....






I'm officially ready for the NHH 2012 Protective Style Challenge...Let's Get Growing Baby!

Till next time... Be Bold. Be Beautiful. Be Natural.

Peace,

Naturally Knight

2 comments:

  1. Hello.This article was really remarkable, especially since I was investigating for thoughts on this issue last Sunday.
    Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot

    ReplyDelete

So what do YOU think?