Saturday, December 29, 2012

HAIRspiration... Danielle Desiree'


Danielle Desiree's pictures can be found floating around natural hair pages everywhere these days!  She has been coined everything from HAIRspiration to BigHairDontCare. I finally had the chance to sit down and chat with the beauty that has provided hairspiration to so many in the natural hair community.



Danielle Desiree’, a Houston resident by way of Guyana South America, has been natural for 4 years.  She transitioned slowly using sew-in weaves, but after years of sew-ins, Danielle decided  “I just wanted to wear the hair God gave me.”

Many of us have made the same decision for one reason or another. Either we like the way natural hair looks, we grew fearful of the chemicals in relaxers or we simply wanted to see what our natural texture was like.  What ever your reason, Danielle Desiree’ is happy that her journey can encourage and inspire other naturals.  “It's still kind of surreal that it happens, but I think it's nice to be a HAIRspiration for anyone." Danielle Desiree’ explains.

One might think that caring for such thick and long hair would require a lot of work, however Danielle Desiree’s hair care regimen is pretty simple.  “I wash my hair 2x a month, depending on the product build up and I deep condition every time. Deep conditioning is critical for my hair because it tends to get dry. Typically, I wear twists and buns throughout the week to protect my ends.  And, I absolutely must have water and coconut oil, or life isn't right.”

Even though she is hairspiration to others, Danielle Desiree’ admits to having a natural hair crush of her own - “Have you seen Cipriana’s hair? It’s AMAZING!”

Cipriana of Urban Bush Babes
www.urbanbushbabes.com

Danielle Desiree’ has gorgeous tresses and flaunts it proudly, but she believes natural is about more than just hair.  “I have definitely been looking more into having a healthier lifestyle...I'm slowly cutting meat out of my diet and juicing. I've noticed some benefits almost immediately after I started juicing, so I think I'm going to keep at it.  I would love to become a vegan in the near future...but I have to take it one step at a time.”
Danielle Desiree is currently working on a YouTube Channel and website as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do YOU think?