Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Issue of Naturally Happy Hair Magazine

 
India Benetmultitalented artist and daughter of R&B soul singer Eric Benet, graces the Summer issue of  Naturally Happy Hair Magazine in her first editorial "Coming Into Her Own" debuting in June 2013.  In this issue, also featuring the stunning and popular naturalista Afrobella and an interview with LUCID Cosmetics founder, reality star Jennifer Williams, Benet shares some of her personal triumphs as she approaches her last year in college, sculpts her own personal sound in the recording studio and embraces what it means to be free.

"In high school I felt so unsure about what to do with my hair, I always wanted to wear it straight because I didn't know how to wear it naturally," said Benet.  "At the time, it was kind of an awkward time for me.  
Benet also mentioned the support of her father during that awkward phase. "My Dad has always been supportive of me wearing it natural even when I wanted to try doing something different. He would often encourage me to stand outside the box, a lot like himself with his personal style. “
Benet believes that natural hair can be pretty liberating for women no matter what part of their journey they are on. “I think the natural hair movement is empowering and I am so happy so many women have decided to embrace it," said Benet. "Everyone’s hair is different and that’s the best part about it. You have your own uniqueness that you were gifted with from your parents.  You can do so much with your natural hair."  

Benet's natural hair journey is more then just cosmetic as she reflects on her childhood and what her root's really mean.  “There is something really beautiful about how God made you and the fact that these are the traits that were passed down from my parents," said Benet. "My mom passed away when I just a baby so embracing what she gave me and passed down to me is an honor. “
To read more about Benet "Coming Into Her Own" in our Summer 2013, click here to subscribe to Naturally Happy Hair Magazine, follow Naturally Happy Hair on Twitter  @naturallyhappyhair, follow Naturally Happy Hair on Instagram @naturallyhappyhair and click "Like" on our Facebook page at Naturally Happy Hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do YOU think?