Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Thin of it All

Hey Naturals!  I’m new at this blogging thing so as they say, don’t judge me J.
For my first entry I thought I would start by telling you about my hair and a few of the products in my regimen.  From what I’ve been able to tell, using the Andre Walker Hair typing system, I am a 4B/C.  There is more than one hair typing system so if you would like to know more, I suggest you hit up google.com or click here.  I personally don’t have a preference for any particular system – Andre’s was just the first one I was exposed to and I have continued to use it as a point of reference.  So what does this mean?  It means my hair does not have a coil pattern but grows in a sideways “S” form.
For daily maintenance, I’ve been using Shea Moisture organic raw shea butter products to wash, condition, moisturize and style.  At night I spritz with water and use the Deep Treatment Masque to do 2 strand twists.  I use Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner often and I recently fell in love with Giovanni's direct leave in conditioner.  Trying to avoid becoming a "product junky" is slowly wearing me down lol.

Wu
 As far as styling, I’ve been wearing my hair in an updo with twist out bang to hide my “situation”.  The "situation" being thinning hair and bald spots.  A couple of Dermatologists have advised me that my hair follicles are “dead” (in the bald spots) due to follicular degeneration so the likelihood of those areas growing back are slim to none…BUT GOD!  Of course I could wear wigs/weaves, but that's just never really been "me", even in my permed days.
Why am I telling you all of this?  Simply because I know there are other naturals or ladies wanting to go natural who may be hesitant because they are experiencing the same or similar “situations”.  Despite my thinning hair and bald spots, there’s no doubt in my mind that giving up the perm was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life thus far.  With all the versatility in being natural, why do otherwise?
Be easy.
Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do YOU think?